Who we are and what we do
CBT 4 Me therapy service delivers Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) based treatments to groups and individuals. Our group workshops are delivered by accredited practitioners with over 5 years’ experience.
CBT4 Me offers short term evidence based interventions recommended by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE). CBT4 Me presentations teaches basic day-to-day strategies to apply when experiencing a mental health difficulty. This will set the foundations for individuals to become more psychologically minded and their own therapist.
What to expect in sessions
Therapist will guide you to understand problems in context of thought, emotions, behaviour and action. Collecting various examples, your therapist will present theories to understand your maintenance patterns. Together, you’ll learn how to change unhelpful thoughts and behaviour.Once this understanding is gained, your therapist will ask you to practice behavioural changes in your daily life to discuss ahead of your next session. Sessions can be weekly or bi-weekly.
Benefits of CBT
- As an alternative or an addition to medication
- Time limited, treatment can be completed in a short space of time
- Accessible in different formats as telephone and online
- Learn strategies for life
Drawbacks of CBT
- Therapist guides and advises only
- You need to fully commit to sessions and complete in between session tasks.
- Does not address external problems as family, housing or access to employment